One of Paul’s exceptional abilities as an artist is to capture a sympathetic likeness in a portrait. He achieves this by working from photographs & life with the person in question. His personal approach and interaction allows him to get to know the person and as he puts it “is a crucial element to achieve a true image of a person.”
A portrait can involve painting the sitter in their own environment, which adds to the sense of the person. All commissioned paintings in the end are a collaboration between the artist and the client.
When commissioning a painting the following will be discussed and agreed before starting the painting – composition, medium, size, frame, budget and delivery date.
Over the years Paul has also painted a number of portraits posthumously.
This is a delicate matter and is handled with the greatest of respect. If you want to get a painting made from a photo , a variety of photographs is helpful to capture the essence of your loved one. All this can be discussed in consultation with Paul.
Testimonial : “ My girlfriend lost her granddad in September 2019. I had an idea to create a portrait of him and found Paul through a friend who highly recommend him. When I met with Paul to see the final painting I was absolutely awestruck by the detail and quality of what he produced for me. He went above and beyond to create such a great portrait of such a great man. I would without question recommend Paul as an artist.” – Greg Cavey Dublin
to enquire about commissioning a portrait.
PORTRAIT GUIDE PRICES … for an oil painting completed & framed. There are a number of portraits types outlined and priced below :
1. BUST PORTRAIT … typically concentrating on the head (approximate size 20 x 18 inches) 1,000 euro
2. HALF LENGTH PORTRAIT … typically concentrating on head and shoulders (approximate size 30 x 24 inches) 1,500 euro
3. THREE QUARTER LENGTH PORTRAIT … typically concentrating on Head , shoulders and hands and also possibly in a setting ie. on a chair in a room.
(approximate size 30 x 50 inches) 3,000 euro
4. FULL LENGTH PORTRAIT … typically concentrating on Full length portrait, Head , shoulders , hands and feet and generally in a particular setting ie. a room or landscape
(approximate size 72 x 40 inches) 5,000 euro
5. PORTRAIT DRAWING … … typically concentrating on the head and shoulders. These drawings are done in conte pencil on a grey Fabriano paper (approximate size A3 in size ) 450 euro
Group portraits, such as family groups, can also be commissioned.
These are more time consuming paintings and as a result are that bit more expensive and are on depends on the number of figures, complexity and size.
TIME SCALE : Commissioned oil portraits because of their complexity tend to take a couple of months to complete.
Please note guide prices are also dependent on the complexity of the composition.
Commission a portrait of your Pet
Pet and animal portrait painting is the perfect way to capture your pets and have those memories forever.
The cutest portrait I’ve been commissioned to paint in quite awhile – a pet portrait.
“Harper” , oil on panel , 63 x 50 cm